Im not saying I’m superslimmerknowitall lady, but have been able to loose weight on slimming world and it hasn’t been a MASSIVE struggle (I have wobbled at times but the majority of the time I don’t feel like I’m missing out), so I thought I would let you know how I handle the diet.
1) be organised – I like to do a food plan for the week, this not only lets me know what to buy at the weekly shop, but it also let’s me plan out my syns and healthy extras. So for example if one day im having a cheesy pasta for dinner, il know not to have milk in tea and coffee the rest of the day.
2) use superfree foods -when your hungry go for these, they are mostly (if not all??) fruits and veggies.
3) eat when you are hungry! – if you starve yourself you will only end up straying completely off plan when you give in and eat everything in sight!! This is why the slimming world plan is so brilliant, as long as at least 1/3 of your plate is superfree you can eat untill you are full.
4) read up – read up on the whole plan, you may find that red and green days might work better that week, or you might find new foods that are super speeds that you didn’t know about. The Internet will 9 times out of 10 give you any syn value you are after.
5) don’t give up your social life – you can still go out to restaurants, just read up online, make wise choices and stick within your syns.
6) use your syns – I find weeks I really cut back on my syns (less than 6 a day) I had rubbish losses.
7) don’t be disheartened- don’t let a small loss or a gain or maintain get you down and throw you completely off course, have you SEEN how much a pound of fat actually is!? If you gain or maintain have a look at your food diary to see where you may have gone wrong and any loss is a good loss!
As I said these are just a few tips which help me, I’m not a slimming world consultant and personally I still have a long way to go before I get to my target but I have seen results and know this plan works